? ??????????????Distant Love? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??6 Grabs Today. 4955 Total Grabs. ??????
Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????I Love Girls? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (9 Ratings)??5 Grabs Today. 7862 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Glamour Glam? ?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Identifying the voice behind the rant


Meet Aimee Caulfield: Nosey, inquisitive and horribly curious. I am one of the eager bloggers behind this five-man scandal themed blog. I’ve been racking my brain for some time now, trying to decide what type of blogger I am and where I stand in the blogging world itself. Like everyone else I have an opinion but I want mine to matter and to be heard. Although I am cursively opinionated I want to look at life from all aspects to ensure that my opinion is at least somewhat justified.


One of my burning passions is discovering new and exciting things, something that really grapples with my mind. I feel as a journalism student it is my job to seek all types of news and with this blog I am specifically focusing on unexpected news; both good and bad. Without exposing aspects of the average Grahamstown student’s life we will never have the chance to change or fix something that is completely unacceptable. Exposing both good and bad also allows our blogging team to allow you to fully appreciate the great aspects of this town that often go unnoticed.

I don’t intend on changing the whole world but hopefully with my journalism experience I can intend to possibly change your mind by presenting you with a different scope. Reading and writing makes me happy as it allows me to venture into a much better and easier life than what reality offers me. It exposes me to different ways of life, different characters and different situations that were previously foreign to me; hence my absolute love of journalism emerged. I want this blog to be like that, I want to present you with shocking news that allows you to escape into someone else’s shoes just for a very brief time and I want you to continually be informed about new situations and be invited into forming an opinion, as being objective is a very idealistic view that is rarely possible. Objectivity almost always leads to subjectivity, that’s just how it goes.

Being a journalism student and catering for a student-based audience I want to write informative and honest pieces. It comes down to a matter of exposing the truth without infringing on anyone’s privacy right. Often people are portrayed in a very shallow pretence and I hate this, with our scandalous theme I can present a different view on someone. It is very true what they say that no-one can ever truly know someone if they don’t know the good, the bad and the darn-right ugly! So RU Scandalous? I’ll let you decide that one...